Friday, April 23, 2010

blessings

More cool news: I just landed an LTO (Long Term Occasional) position at an Aboriginal high school here in the city. I will be teaching there until the day I fly north for the summer!

Just before I was called for the interview, I saw one of the students on the street who attends this school. Not just any student, he was the one who came to mind as I prayed about whether or not I should volunteer with AI this summer. He lives in a shelter. He's 21, and is likely to not finish his high school education. I was disappointed to see him out on the street again during school hours (I run into him quite a bit). I hope he finishes. I really do. He has such a wonderful personality and presence.

I cannot believe I got this job! What a blessing from God, and how suiting to be teaching in the Aboriginal school, right before I go to serve Aboriginal youth in Grassy Narrows.

Sometimes people will say it's a coincidence, or the stars are alligning. I'd like to believe God is the one behind all of this!

I am reminded of this verse: "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment