Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blueberries and Space


We took some girls berry and wild-flower picking today. Here's me and my meager finds after an hour of picking blueberries and raspberries. I've got a new appreciation for the olden days! It's also wonderful to not worry about pesticides or washing them. Pure, natural, God-given fruit.

Just as an aside: I'd love to post pictures of the children, but since this is such a public space, I'll be keeping those offline. Friends, feel free to get in touch and I can share photos with you privately.

Things are better in terms of our living space. While we still have a leaky shower, we now have a phone and another apartment for the boys. The six of us still eat together, but it's nice to have a little more space, especially since the four of us girls were sleeping in one room. We now are two to a room, which makes life a little easier.

Whenever I want to complain about things that seem tough, I have to remember how some others in the community live. Some houses are in worse shape and have many more people living in one-level homes. In some ways it seems odd to come in as a volunteer and have more space. Leaky showers keep us humble, I guess --> the words of a spoiled Westerner.

All is well this fine Saturday. The Literacy Camp people have invited us over for a potluck. This gave me an excuse to bake my favourite cake: chocolate with vanilla icing. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment